Monday, May 3, 2010

Slow Down

Today has been my first day to myself... kind of.

I went to lunch with my friends, Sarah and Lauren. Sarah is leaving for Panama on Thursday so we were determined for the gang to reunite beforehand. Success.

My first half of college ended last Tuesday. I took my last final, headed home, and spent the entire night searching for my mother's birthday present with my dad... for the next day!

Luckily we were able to pull ourselves together in time. We went out to eat and explored our great state. Who knew there was so much beauty and history here?



We walked among church ruins. The original stones were still intact along the foundation. I could almost imagine myself walking down the aisle in period dress, people in pews to my left and right.

We also discovered markers indicating the final resting places of relatives to the 16th and 33rd presidents!


Me & my mama on her 50th birthday!

I love the beautiful simplicity of nature. The way the sun shines through the leaves of the treetops. The sporadic groupings of landscape. The scents.

Ah, it's lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment