Friday, April 9, 2010

Go Now

I was raised listening to the oldies. I recall hot summer days with the garage door up, my dad milling around, and the radio turned up.

I loved "Layla" by Eric Clapton.

Before I went to sleep, my parents would set a timer on my clock/radio so I could fall asleep to the sounds of Lou Christie singing "Lightnin' Strikes."

I would watch Hard Day's Night with my dad and grew to love "Can't Buy Me Love" and the title tune by the Beatles.

So it isn't surprising to say that I am a fan of the Moody Blues.

I don't believe there to be many more beautiful songs than "Nights in White Satin" or "Tuesday Afternoon."

However, a lesser known song of theirs, "Go Now" is my favorite.

Lately it keeps haunting me.

I caught the tail end of it playing on the radio a week or so ago and burst into an excited state. They never play "Go Now" on the radio.

Let alone, twice.

I had been having a rough week, as it rained and stormed pretty heavily last night, making work a big wet disaster and delaying our departure. My neighborhood is under construction and I sat in my street for ten minutes waiting for about ten people to figure out how to move a truck this morning after having not slept but a few hours. I was running late and everything just seemed to be going awry.

And then "Go Now" came on the radio again.

It reminded me of Forrest Gump when he said, "Mama always said miracles happen everyday. Some people don't think so but they DO!"

I think miracles happen everyday.

So, in this sleep-deprived stupor, I am inspired. The Writer's Digest website posts creative writing prompts that people can respond to in hopes for winning money. For me, it just sounds like fun. In the near future, I think I may just respond to one of those prompts and see how it goes. (And if certain other people wish to join in, I'd love to pass the creativity along... you know who you are... I may or may not have went to middle school with you...) I'd love to hear feedback, be it words of praise or blunt honesty telling me to stop ever putting my thoughts into the atmosphere.

There's always more to come in...

My English Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment