Sunday, April 25, 2010

Silver Lining


Lately I have been burying my nose in textbooks.

My most recent exploits have been anything but exciting, rather stressful, embarrassing, and discouraging.

But alas! There is a light at the end of the tunnel, a silver lining to the rain cloud, an incentive to carry on...

One more final to go this Tuesday and my summer will officially COMMENCE.

My first "attempt" at a final was a presentation for a psychology seminar. My future is up in the air as far as that goes...

Follow that with a history final that went surprisingly well...

Countered by a geosciences exam that went meagerly. See above photo.

My English final went as well as could be expected.

And now I avoid studies for my Spanish final... probably to be the most challenging of all the finals. After this long-awaited break I have no motivation but an immense need to study!

So what do I do?


But of course, pop Little House on the Prairie in the DVD player and use it as the "backdrop" to my study session. There is something comforting about returning to simpler times. When I was a child, I was home sick very frequently with pneumonia and bronchitis. My favorite show to watch while I laid in my bed was Little House on the Prairie. I only watched it when I was sick so it gave me a light at the end of the tunnel, a silver lining to the rain cloud, an incentive to carry on...

I try to look forward to the future without missing too much of the present.

This summer I can't wait to partake in the typical summer fare: the outdoors, picnics, nature walks, lemonade, BBQs, swimming, and the likes.

I also hope to scrapbook, read, and travel. Sometimes the best sorts of sights are just out of view; in your own state, your own town. Having a meaningful experience doesn't require you to go too far.

And as we all know (or perhaps just I) my job is not the best for travel or time off, so the meaningful experiences I create will have to be near.


This was taken in my own backyard!

So for the time being, I will retreat. I will try hard not to be so overwhelmed with the future that I miss all of the meaningful and beautiful things happening around me.


Happy studying!

No comments:

Post a Comment