Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Taylor Swift songs have never been more appropriate. I remember in concert the Swift had a little pre-recorded video interview while she was in costume change.

The interviewer asked, "What can a guy do to not have you write a song about him?"

"He shouldn't do BAD THINGS."

Listening to her lyrics lately have made me realize, "She and I must've dated the same guy!"

I wasn't as able to relate so perfectly to her songs as I do now.

"Picture to Burn" is my favorite.

Despite all of that, I have some pretty amazing friends. Friends that answer their phones at 11:30 (central time!) and offer kind words... "You mean the world to me."

Friends that call you first thing the next day and listen to you babble for an hour and propose a girl's day complete with all of the guilt-free indulgences I no longer have to feel guilty about. Friends that offer beautiful words that make me want to cry in happiness because I know I am worth so much more.

You know who you are. And you mean the world to me! It doesn't matter what part of the country you live in... I love you both. :)

In addition to great friends, I have my family too. And despite what some people may think, I understand the importance of family. They make me smile, they make me laugh, they keep me busy, and make me realize that the love I was looking for is still abound. And that their love has always been present.

In the words of U2, I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

But what's the use in looking? I'm in no rush. I have no plans to marry anytime soon and think everyone should think long and hard before accepting an engagement (or before proposing).

And ultimately, we must realize that love is not something you just say. It's something you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment