Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Time in a Bottle

Time. Time heals all wounds. Only time will tell. What do these cliches even mean?

I've been obsessed with time lately. I don't want to waste time. I want to do something with every spare minute I have, no matter how small it may be.

In Sex and the City, (Season 2, episode 1) Charlotte announces that it should take exactly one half of the amount of time you dated someone to get over them. As much as I love Charlotte, I think she makes an erroneous statement.

I dated someone for 17 months and was over them in exactly one week. I'm apparently 8 months and 1 week ahead of schedule!

Perhaps there is a critical ingredient missing... how much did you actually care for the guy? I can definitely state in total honesty that I do not want those two nights back when I woke up crying to the point of not being able to breathe. I don't want back the feeling of complete isolation.

I just feel like all my time lately has been surging through space. I smile and feel like I'm floating on top of a cloud. I have my customary two family days a week, days with friends and otherwise, time to myself to understand what I want from life so I will no longer waste any more time basking in the thrill of comfort.

I want to feel! Correction: I do... and it feels great!

No comments:

Post a Comment