Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Room of One's Own



Virginia Woolf


Me trying my best to emulate Virginia Woolf




















"A woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction." -V. Woolf


Virginia Woolf gets me thinking about the impending fall semester and the seminar "Literature, Medicine, and Madness" that I will get to take, which includes Woolf's Mrs. Dalloway, if I am not mistaken. I have never heard a course listing that beckoned so forcefully! 

The above quote also gets me thinking about the creative writing course I will also be taking. I can't wait to start these intellectually stimulating classes but fear the endless reign of restlessness my body will endure. I will be back on a four-hour-a-night sleeping schedule and at times will be too tired to focus. 

I have a room of my own and long to write fiction. But I haven't a penny to spare! 

No comments:

Post a Comment