Sunday, August 1, 2010

If you're a bird, I'm a bird

The locusts are in full swing. Their song is so calming and although summer's end is looming nearer, I am reminded that it is still here. The air is still, perhaps even muggy, and the smell of the air is unidentifiable by the English language. You just know it when it hits you. 

The locusts have me thinking about summer love; the "If you're a bird, I'm a bird" kind of love and whether it truly exists or if we are just placing it on an unattainable pedestal. 


Noah and Allie had it.

But as I have been told "Life is not a movie." I believe that we can find things in another person that we like enough to stick around but we know in our hearts we could never love them. Maybe that's what summer love is for; to distract ourselves from the loneliness until we're too busy to notice. 

Can you call it summer love if you see yourself there in the fall, winter, and spring? If you know in your heart that your feelings span past more than a few months? That this person is more than just a band-aid to cover up your past emotions? 

I've never known love like that.

Even if it's improbable and challenges me... I still think it's worth looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment