Monday, April 16, 2012

De Donde Eres?

{dress: modcloth//sweater: ann taylor loft (sale)//green & blue pearl earrings: v&a museum in london}

Today marks exactly one week until the final day of classes! Hold steady, dear friends.


Okay, I've found another television show to obsess over: Downton Abbey. Set in the early 1900's in an elite England manor, I am drooling. My favorite characters are definitely Mr. Bates and Anna, not only because of the relationship they have but because of their loyalty to the Crawley family. I also adore Mary, even though she can be a bit of b-word sometimes. The actress who plays her is brilliant. And who doesn't love Mr. Carson? And I think it's safe to say we all despise Thomas and O'Brien (but mainly Thomas).

This weekend, Scott and I went on a double date with Julie and Todd to see Titanic in 3D. We got dinner at Jason's deli and I had a sandwich on a buttery, flaky croissant with fresh fruit. Tres fantastique! Afterwards, we went for shakes at Steak 'N Shake. The chocolate chip cookie dough one hit the spot. And of course, Titanic in 3D was all I hoped it would be. Three hours of me dorking out over Leo and Kate and all the great lines. "No, Titanic go to America--in five minutes!" 

I had a group presentation in Spanish today that I hope went well. We'll see when grades are posted. 

And at work, I finally spoke to the floor cleaning/janitor guy at work in Spanish. I found out he's from Veracruz in Mexico which is the dialect I studied for my presentation! No wonder I understood him so well. He's so nice, I can't wait to speak to him some more. He always seems so lonely since he can't speak English very well. 

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment