Monday, January 3, 2011

Southern Gents

That's my foot.
Yes, that swollen, purple thing.

You see that half moon-shaped container? Yeah, one of those ran over my foot.

So, I went to the doctor and had an X-ray. Luckily, nothing was broken. My official diagnosis was that of a "GREAT TOE CONTUSION." It sounds so official. My. great. toe.

But see, the thing is, I own these shoes. I love these shoes. But the way I'm feeling right now, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to wear high heels again. Not that I wear high heels often. I just like the option. Especially when shoes manifest themselves as pieces of art. 
But anyway...

Today Scott and I went to Cafe Mimosa for some Vietnamese cuisine. We had sushi, egg rolls, chicken lo mein and bourbon chicken. 

Then we went to the bookstore. Scott became lost in the computer section. I found myself in the spirituality section.

With books in tow, we headed to the best coffee place in town. I even found some espresso that the baristas were so kind to grind for me. 
There's nothing better than feeling intrepid and lost in thought with someone who loves the same things you do. ;)

This is Hadley & Sterling.
They are from the reality show called Southern Belles: Louisville, a show about five friends living in Louisville, Kentucky.
Julie and I watched the entire series last year after our British Literature class and fell in love.

Each of the women have distinctive personalities. Julie was the mature one. Hadley was smart but feared commitment. Emily loved the spotlight and Vegas. Shea was obsessed with money, diamonds, and extravagant weddings. Kellie was divorced twice but opened her own dating service. 

Though I believe Julie is the most level-headed of the group, I related most to Hadley. 
Hadley feared commitment.
Hadley got bored easily.
Hadley was so uncertain about her future but just kept moving.
Hadley wore lots of scarves.

Tonight I watched an old episode, for nostalgia's sake. Hadley dated Sterling for a month and a half. She described him as "the perfect Southern gentleman." He brought her flowers, chocolates, and told her she was beautiful. When he looked at her, you could see in his eyes how much he cared for her. But Hadley, began to feel "the itch" and the draw for the "bad boy."

According to Shea, "Hadley always goes for THEE BAD BOYS!" And she ended up breaking Sterling's heart.

In 2011, I hope to accomplish at least 5 things on my Bucket List and become more financially sound. There's that whole, get toned thing too but just go with it. 

Every year you should look back on your life without regret. 
You should say the things your heart yearns to say.
You shouldn't dwell on the things you said wrong.
Let the world come to you.
But be in it, first.
Find peace.
Love.
Joy.

And ladies, if you have a gentleman, don't let him go...

No comments:

Post a Comment