Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Halfway Through the First Week

Yesterday was the first day of my Master's program. It was a pretty hectic day--a lot of running around but it was exciting to be back in the action.

I packed my lunch in my owl lunchbox.

I had an almond butter and grape jelly sandwich, fruit leather, string cheese, Goldfish, and Milano cookies because they're basically my weakness.

After running around from 2:30 to almost 6, I was finally able to take a breather and enjoy the outdoors. It was such a lovely day--highs in the upper 70's/lower 80's. Most first days of school are so hot you feel like you stuffed yourself in an oven over and over again. But yesterday? Just nice.

After seeing the signs outside the garage that read "LOT FULL" I was all but ready to throw in the towel. I circled back and saw a couple of cars leaving so I took my chance and got the world's most perfect parking space. It's on the third level and a stone's throw away from the tunnel (on the left) that leads to campus. I don't even know why this happened. I'm usually not this lucky. (I certainly wasn't today).

The Saturday before school started, I helped my dad pick out some clothes because he started training this past Sunday. We're both 'back in school' at the same time. Of course, it's not a proper shopping excursion until Starbucks is involved. And that furry thing is my dog.

Image above via Pinterest
I'm still really nervous about all of the things I'm required to do but I feel extremely blessed that so many intelligent people believe me to be fully capable of handling such tasks! It's been tiring, but I realize I'm not only going to school full time, I'm working too. But instead of having to commute two places, my school and work are in the same place! Another perk! By the way, this outfit was inspired by a Pinterest look. So therefore, I really am still pinning and doing. Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment