Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Summer Playlist






Fleetwood Mac's Rumours is just a breakup album. Fleetwood Mac and its various members have all dated, married, and divorced at some point and this album was made while they were in the passionate thrall of these disintegrating relationships and the pain they cause to let go. It's one of my favorite albums of all-time and my favorite from Fleetwood Mac (and I like Fleetwood Mac A LOT). This was on repeat all summer long.

I listened to My Morning Jacket's Circuital in preparation for the Forecastle Festival this year. In addition to this album, their newest, I listened to Evil Urges and my favorite from them, Z. I have a Forecastle playlist on Spotify that I would like to revisit sometime again soon because there were a lot of great artists there this year (and some I never knew about!).

I have an unashamed love for Jack White and his new solo album Blunderbuss. I first heard "Sixteen Saltines" and was totally unsure of how I felt. Upon hearing "Love Interruption," "Hypocritical Kiss," and "Missing Pieces" to name a few, I was pretty much like, okay, now I know why I will always love Jack White.

I'd listened to Neutral Milk Hotel before but not as intently as I have this summer with In the Aeroplane Over the Sea. It has become one of my favorite albums and I'm pretty much always in the mood to listen to it no matter what I'm doing. 

After seeing Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, I realized I needed to check out the soundtrack because I really enjoyed the music in it. Anyone who has seen the movie probably has an addiction or disdain for Metric's "Black Sheep." I'm addicted. The in-movie band wasn't so bad either and I appreciate a soundtrack with a heavy-Beck influence. 

I've also been listening to tons of Beck and Cake.

1 comment: