Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Head & Heart

 Life has been really strange lately. I couldn't have ever imagined that this was how my summer would turn out but sometimes life surprises you and you have to roll with the punches. My boyfriend of a year and a half and I broke up a few weeks ago. We'd gone through a break, gotten back together, and struggled to make things work like they had in the past. I don't blame him for anything. He was a good boyfriend and a great person but sometimes people just aren't meant to be together forever. And it's not because of someone's need to feel miserable and wander the earth forever, taking on, like, a zillion sexual partners like the Bloomsbury Group, but rather something in their head and their heart. So from one blogger (or reader) to another, I am here to say I'm sorry for the hurt I've caused; the confusion; and to those of you who may still think of me as the bad guy, all I can say is that grudges really take a toll on your soul and it's better to just forgive and forget. I hold no grudges.

Beyond all of that, I've been knitting up a storm, hanging out with my friends, preparing for school, going to orientations, and I just finished season 4 of Breaking Bad on Netflix and it was a pretty explosive ending!

I have another grad school orientation to go to today and I'm excited to go because it puts me one day closer to actually immersing myself in academia. I feel like this feeling has been a part of my life for so long and it's something I trust. And if there's anything I've learned this year, it's to trust your heart. Even if that means letting go of things you care about.

Good luck and best wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment