Friday, October 29, 2010

Whirlwind

What a whirlwind of a week! There were haunted houses, margaritas, and tornadoes! Oh my! A twister, a twister! Okay, yeah, I'm finished.

On Saturday I met up with my old crew for some authentic Mexican fare. It was delicious and deep-fried and all of those things that indicate that it's in all actuality, American Mexican food. Chimichangas? Only in America can we take thick meaty shells and deep fry them with loads of cheese on top.

 Clare and Wibs!
 Jae and I... it's better to be around him now that he's not my supervisor any more.
 Please just accept this for Jae's creeper face.
I heart Clare!

Afterwards I met up with my buddy, Joey. We waited in line for two and a half hours for a haunted house in the bottom floor in allegedly one of America's most haunted places. Over 63,000 people were reported to have died there so, knowing me, I was more than excited to see it. I couldn't believe I was actually standing in such a historical place. I didn't see anything creepy besides people waiting in line. But I plan to go back for a longer tour through the whole edifice. We of course, ended up going to IHOP because Joey hadn't eaten all night and because I hadn't had the pumpkin pancakes yet. So basically I am fat.
Look at all the orbs! I'm not entirely convinced of the theory that orbs in pictures represent human souls (thanks to many debunking sessions during Ghost Hunters) but some of them appear to be generating their own light which is slightly creepy. The rest of it's just dust.
 While we were waiting in line, these "zombies" performed Thriller. Joey was really freaked out by one of the large female zombies.
Blueberry pancakes! He barely made a dent in his.
I however, owned this entire meal.

Monday, October 25, 2010 marked the release of Taylor Swift's third album, Speak Now. 
Can I just say, thank you Taylor Swift.

This album is so much more maturely written than her previous albums. You can really see the development. I also think her songs are so much cheekier now and it makes me chuckle. Songs like "Speak Now" and "Better Than Revenge" have me thinking about people in my own life who exemplify the characters in these songs. 

"Dear John" and "Innocent" are especially hard-hitting for me. I know that Swifty wrote them with her own personal subjects in mind but they hold a personal meaning for me as well. It's special that she can do that with her words. 

"Mean" and "Enchanted" have me singing at the top of my lungs in my car... "This night is sparkling, don't you let it go!" 

I feel privileged (lame, yes) to be Taylor's age because her albums are chronicles of her life, growing up. I got to live in the same kind of world she sang about in her first album, about first loves and coming-of-age. Fearless recounted those awkward times in high school that you can't wait to be over, but once it's gone, you kind of, just a little bit, wish you had it back. And now, I feel like she's entering into her very first adult situations and learning from them, just like me. 

But anyway!

This Tuesday I was totally loving:

The "Touch-a-toucha-touch-a-touch me" scene with Emma and Will well... it was pretty sexy. I do not object to Matthew Morrison's abs.

Also, on Tuesday we had tornado warnings in the area so I didn't go to class.

Spending a day on the couch eating and drinking hot apple cider, watching Hocus Pocus, The Others, and Halloweentown 2: Kalabar's Revenge was kind of awesome.

On Thursday, our Spanish class created a Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) altar to be judged in a contest this Monday. For throwing it together in a couple hours with only a few people, it looks really good. I even think we could win. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I'm seriously cheerful for how cold it is. Wonder how long that will last. :)

1 comment:

  1. "so basically, I am fat."
    1. false!
    2. this made me laugh really hard. I could totally eat that much, and it seems I always have an abnormally large void in my stomach when the breakfast food arrives...

    Again, I love keeping up with your life via the interwebs

    ReplyDelete