Monday, December 26, 2011

Don't you know in this new Dark Age, We're all light

In this reflective time between the end of 2011 and the beginning of 2012, take some time to think about all you've learned and all you want to achieve next year. I can think of no better way to do that than through music. A great friend of mine burned me the most inspirational collection of songs after I graduated high school in 2008. He is an artist when it comes to creating a classic mix tape. My gift to you in the new year is to listen to all of these songs, in this order. If you're anything like me, it'll change your life.

"Joys of Repetition"
1. Joe Strummer--Bhindi Bhagee
2. I'm From Barcelona--Rec & Play
3. The Silver Jews--Sometimes A Pony Gets Depressed
4. Hot Chip--Over and Over
5. MGMT--Time To Pretend
6. XTC--We're All Light
7. Frank Black--Speedy Marie
8. Francis Dunnery--Too Much Saturn
9. Sleater-Kinney--Milkshake n' Honey
10. Built to Spill--Carry the Zero
11. Broken Social Scene--Anthem for a 17-year-old Girl
12. LCD Soundsystem--All My Friends
13. Grandaddy--Stray Dog and the Chocolate Shake
14. Andrew Bird--Fake Palindromes
15. Nicole Atkins--Cool Enough
16. Turin Brakes--Pain Killer
17. M. Ward--Outta My Head
18. M83--Moonchild
19. The Beach Boys--Sloop John B

No comments:

Post a Comment