Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Deadbeat Club

 Scott, Julie, and I were well aware that today was going to probably going to be the last nice day of the year so we were completely intent on making it count. How many 75 degree days do you have in November in Kentucky? I knew right away it was going to be a great day because I opened a new box of Kashi cereal and a new gallon of skim milk today. Perfection. And McAlister's perfected my order at lunch today, which hardly ever happens. I swear, how hard is to give me UNSWEETENED tea, people?


The Style Quo
Top: Express (sale)
Skirt: J. Crew (sale)
Shoes: Stolen from Mom (okay, she gave them to me)
Earrings: Bought from outdoor market in Honolulu 2005
Shawl (that unfortunately, it was too warm to wear): Kohl's


I know it's probably frowned upon by the general public to take pictures while driving but look at the moon on the way home! I want to remember this day for as long as I can. Days when leaves are falling off the trees, wind is blowing through your hair, you're listening to The Doors' "L.A. Woman" with the windows down, you get to read about The Bloomsbury Group, go to creative writing class, and have lunch with your best friends.

Here's the book I got to read today. I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in The Bloomsbury Group. It's very basic but rather informative:
Credit
The cover is a painting of Vanessa Bell, Virginia Woolf's sister, painted by Duncan Grant. It's one of my favorite prints of all time. I have a postcard of it hanging next to my bed (along with Virginia's famous 1902 photograph). I used a card I got from Charleston Farmhouse (also where I got this book) in Sussex, south of London, and I realized how much it smelled like the house...full of aged paint and splendor. The card has a cat painting on it done by Duncan Grant as well--it's by far the most popular painting at Charleston.




This is one of the most beautiful places in the world, let me tell you. I took these pics while studying abroad this summer. Vanessa and Clive Bell owned this property but Virginia Woolf, Duncan Grant, and various others had rooms here or came to visit. So much history, so much beauty.

Credit
Here's that cat print by the way. I love it. :)


Basically, today was the best. Sometimes you've gotta act like you're dancing in a garden in torn sheets in the rain. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment