Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Deuces

Hello all! I'm sure it's seemed like I disappeared but I have not. It was just Thanksgiving break (which was lovely by the way) and a whole lot of working (27 hours in 4 days!). 

The weather has been uncool and keeps raining. It's apparently the "third wettest year ever" in Louisville and it keeps on keepin' on. I'm not one for breaking records. Let's just have some normal weather where we can just go outside without feeling like we're under siege and at the mercy of the wind and rain. 

The Style Quo
Top: Old Navy
Sweater: Kohl's
Skirt: AE
Tights: Target
Boots: DSW
Belt: Forever 21

Julie and I had one heck of a day today. We were asked by a rather eccentric (and old, might I add--like grandparent old) classmate of ours to read and comment on his poetry. It was 17 pages of the worst word combinations to ever go down. Robert Frost turned over in his grave. Christina Rosetti threw up from heaven. John Keats wished he could abolish all technology that could ever make it possible for a person to create such horrible writing. 

Alas, we tried to be diplomatic and give him some credible feedback to no avail. He argued with us and basically said, "Thanks for reading my poems. I don't care what you say. They're awesome. Peace." Like I said before, some people should just learn to take up knitting. It would be much more productive and far less painful for my eyes that had to be repeatedly gouged out.

Anyway, here's my Christmas tree named Bernie. Because he "Bernies so Bright"! Notice my Union Jack? REPRESENT BRITAIN!!

I am in a hair predicament. I don't know if I should get it trimmed because I like the sensibility of my short hair (and the fact that it takes no time to style). But then again, a part of me says, "No! Let it grow! Get Zooey Deschanel bangs!"


Anyway, I wait to see another day. I'll be buried in portfolio work this evening, as it is due Thursday. Oh how I hope the work isn't excruciating! 

Deuces.

No comments:

Post a Comment