Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Of Shoes and Ships and Sealing Wax and Cabbages and Kings

Forgive me for my fashion choices. Today was all about function. I had to work and I endured a horrible Greek test that I'm afraid will end in tragedy.

The Style Quo
Top: Express
Jacket: Kohl's
Earrings: Christmas present, Kohl's
Necklace: Online
Watch: Timex
Bracelet: Genuine Irish coin from Kohl's
Jeans: AE (new!)
Flats: DSW

I was actually pretty excited about wearing these jeans today because they look totally 70's and have these huge flares at the bottom. It's nice to mix it up from the usual skinnies. I also chose a loose-flowing shirt because I felt pregnant with a food baby, made responsible by the Skittles I consumed last night. Not even the N*SYNC and Titanic Soundtrack on the way to school could make me feel better.

On my way home from work, I had an unbelievable urge to watch Harriet the Spy. It was one of my favorite movies as a kid, and let's be serious it still is now. There was just something so illuminating about her world. I always thought, "Is this what New York is really like? If I grew up in New York, would I have an overweight lesbian nanny that would recite Lewis Carroll poetry with me before bed?" I also wanted one of those awesome strawberry sponges and a tiki-looking foot tattoo that me and my black scientist friend and poor white friend would press together. I even wished I could spy on the people at Hong Fats and get caught in the dumbwaiter in a crazy woman's house. The sinks in Harriet's school were so cool. I wanted to dance to "Get Up Offa That Thing" by James Brown in an onion costume after a stink bomb goes off in the auditorium. And that garden Golly takes them to? OMG. I want it all. 

Okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment