Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Summer Dreamin'

Today was my second day of class and I discovered that some of the weirdest people are in it with me. There is a strange fellow who once wrote a story "How to Kill Someone" in creative writing; a creeper who tried hanging out with me until I kept avoiding him and name-dropping my boyfriend repeatedly; and the cream-of-the-crop is the spoiled drama queen I went to London with this summer... oh boy. Normally, I tend not to judge people. Do your own thang, I say. While I'm sure the first two mean well and have a nice soul somewhere inside, I cannot vouch for the last one. She was a handful for my favorite professor Dr. Henke and seeing her get all stressed out and not being able to enjoy London made me sad--and hold a grudge against the perpetrator. 

These boots are my winter standby. And I gotta say, I really enjoyed mixing bright red and navy today. I usually find it too "Independence Day" but I really do love the way the two primary colors stand against one another. It's a must-mix I will be trying again. 

The Style Quo
Red Pea Coat, Sweater, Jean Shorts: AE
Purse: D&B 
Scarf: Gift from Istanbul (Dad)
Bracelets: Gift from India (Dad)
Ring & Boots: Kohl's
Earrings: Claires
Tights: Target
Tie-Dye Socks: Maggie's Organics

Today was such a beautiful day that I took my dog out for what I thought would be a 20-minute jog. It ended up being 5 minutes. I was inside huffing and puffing, sad that I am so out-of-shape. I would really love to get some muscle definition/Karen Gillan's legs. My height tends to cover up any weight I gain but I really just want to get in better shape and not have so much stomach slouchiness when I sit down. I'm pretty much healthy everywhere else: I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, drink soda or caffeine, and I regularly go to my check-ups. I know I'm so close to the goals I want to achieve and it's killing me! I think I just need to put in a bit more effort.

I would really just like summer to get here. Jean shorts, driving with the windows down listening to a little '70s rock, having a picnic in the park, going to history museums and flea markets, sipping lemonade, hitting up the movie theatre when it's just too hot, and oh! basking in the glow of my bachelor's degree. 

Until then...

2 comments: