Sunday, August 28, 2011

Truth But No Logic

These photos were taken last Thursday, August 25th. Scott was my faithful cameraman who, emulating Austin Powers was snapping photos without pause, crying out, "You're an animal! You're a tyyy-ger!" Needless to say, I participated. 

The Style Quo
Dress: Target
Necklace: Modcloth
Messenger Bag: Fossil
Sunglasses: Forever 21
Flats (not shown): DSW

 I've discovered that I very much like my schedule. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I have two classes from 12-1:50. These classes are Greek mythology and Art history. Kill me dead. I'm in love. I've always wanted to know the names of the mythical figures, the stories, and of course, gain more knowledge to own at Jeopardy. As for art history, I'm one of those people who can go into an art museum and stay all day. I am enamored of it all. I might not understand everything but I love being surrounded by beauty. Like Rose says in Titanic of Picasso's work: "It's like being in a dream or something...there's truth but no logic." 

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I have about an hour and a half break to eat a McAlister's lunch with my bestie Julie and Scott. I love nothing more than being around these two people, eating pickles, sandwiches, soup, salad, and sipping tea. I'm a lucky girl. As for my classes, I have sociology, which seems like a bit of a farce to me but I'm going with it. With Julie after lunch, I have advanced creative writing with one of my favorite professors, whom we affectionately refer to as 'PG,' as his initials abbreviate. There's nothing more liberating than interpreting a piece to your best ability, even if it's a bit off, just to know that you're being valued and thinking for yourself. 
I'm cautiously optimistic for a bright semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment