Sunday, October 9, 2011

Art & Food: My Favorite Way to Spend a Friday

Friday, October 7th, my art history teacher gave us the day off of class to go to the Speed Art Museum for a project we have due next month. I was more than excited! The best days of my life are usually art museum days. The museum has changed so much since the last time I was there and had paintings by Pablo Picasso, Claude Monet, Childe Hassam, and Mary Cassatt!

Pablo Picasso (Spanish, 1881 - 1973)
Woman in the Studio (Jacqueline Roque) [Femme dans l'atelier (Jacqueline Roque)],1956, oil on canvas.

 Claude Monet (French, 1840 1926)
The Church at Varengeville, Grey Weather, 1882, oil on canvas.


After that, I went to Clarksville with my friends Brad and Lauren since we haven't seen each other in what could possibly be close to a year. (Brad and I couldn't think of the last time we were all together at the same time). 

Brad was avoiding photographs all night because he hates his new haircut. At one point the conversation went like this:

Brad: I really shouldn't be telling people what to do.
Lauren (above): Yeah, especially with that haircut.

 Lauren and I are really into hats. At least Brad was a good sport and snapped our portraits. We all looked around the bookstore for awhile and all came to the same conclusion: we would read more if books weren't so expensive. I found so many cool things... a gold-tone leather journal, a Metropolitan Museum of Art 2012 Page-a-Day Gallery calendar, and numerous books. Since we weren't willing to splurge on knowledge we decided to go spend more money on something we were willing to drop any amount of cash on... dessert.

 My attempts at making a McFlurry "artistic."

Finally got it!

Also, the song "Sexy and I Know It" by LMFAO is hilarious. It came on the radio and Brad and I were like, "What?!"

Lyrics are pretty much:
Girl look at that body x3
I work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment