Sunday, October 23, 2011

It's Just a Bunch of Hocus Pocus

Today was absolutely lovely! I woke up without a sore throat or face for the first time in weeks, the weather was gorgeous, and I got to meet up with my favorite professor, Dr. Henke and my friend Leslie.

We got coffee (my first pumpkin latte of the season) and caught up since Dr. Henke is in town until Friday. She's on sabbatical this year in Oregon to finish a book she's writing. She's amazing! Another woman who took one of Dr. Henke's grad classes with Leslie named Sarah came with her baby named William George. She is British so it was a treat to listen to her speak. Oh to be British! William was smiling the whole time and had the biggest blue eyes. I was so happy I got to meet them! 

Afterward, Scott and I met up for Qdoba. I got Mexican gumbo and delicious vegetarian tacos. Yum. I laughed at Scott for carrying a comb around with him because he thinks his hair is too long. After acquiring some Halloween Oreos, we went back to my house to watch the best Halloween movie of all time, Hocus Pocus. It was pretty much the perfect night. Scott and I haven't gotten to hang out for almost two months... he's been really busy with his new job, had a lot of schoolwork, and I've of course been sick for a couple of weeks. It was nice to just be around each other again. I love you Scott. :)

Now I'm curling up with Jet. It was such a wonderful day. I feel so inspired after speaking with Dr. Henke. She told me if I decided to go to UofL for my Master's and I get in, that she'd hire me as her "Morton Chair" assistant. It really makes me feel so valued to know that she thinks that much of me and it sort of eases my worries about grad school applications. I've felt like I've been swimming in them lately and to know that everything will be okay--whether I stay here or not--makes me want to push myself even further.

I'm so happy that I took Dr. Henke's Madness, Medicine, and Lit class and had the opportunity to go to London with her this summer. She truly is inspiring and I hope one day I can have a fraction of her success. I'll miss her until she comes back again!

The Style Quo
Jacket: AE
Top: Walmart
Skirt: Marshall's (?)
Sandals: AE
Scarf: Gift from Dad from Istanbul

It's so nice to be feeling better and actually being able to enjoy fall before it slips away.

No comments:

Post a Comment