Sunday, September 4, 2011

Bodacious Gap

Thursday was...interesting to say the least. I love the flags hanging inside the business school so I snapped a few photos while I was waiting for Scott. I also love this abstract sculpture that reminds me of the first sculpture commissioned in Grand Rapids, Michigan in 1982 by the National Endowment for the Arts called La Grande Vitesse. Art history nerd-gasm!


So, I was running late and I slipped on this dress I was so excited to wear. The zipper was stuck but I figured Scott could get it, so I just took off without another thought. Well, it looks like it's more than a zipper problem. The liner of the zipper is coming off of the dress hence it's inability to zip properly. So I had a bodacious gap to deal with all day.

See the ugly gap on the third pic? Luckily, Scott's mom let me borrow a sweater.

The Style Quo
Dress: Modcloth
Sandals: Online
Sunglasses: Forever 21
Bracelet: Kohl's
Sweater: Borrowed from Scott's mama

Flowers defying nature and growing through cracks!

Though more than frustrated with the zipper situation, I am in love with the pattern on this dress. The circles look like they have been painted and the edges look almost frayed like the ends of a dry brush stroke. The rainbow bracelet made me insanely happy... especially in the sun! I could see myself wearing this to an art museum for sure.

Looks like I might have to dust off open my sewing machine and try to fix this dress. I want to wear it in the fall/winter with black tights if I can. Channeling my inner Martha...

No comments:

Post a Comment