Saturday, September 17, 2011

I Found E.M. Forster for $4!

The Style Quo
Jacket: Kohl's
Top: AE
Jeans: AE
Necklace: Kohl's
Sunglasses: Forever 21
Cross-body bag: H&M at Covent Garden, London

Friday, Scott and I went to Frankfurt Avenue to walk around. We stopped in at the library which had a very sweet literary border including the names of Donne, Rosetti, Homer, and of course WILDE! (Ahem, where is Woolf?)

We went to a bunch of antique and consignment shops, one of them called "East Meets West" where we encountered this owner who looked like a sumo-wrestling panda. He kind of snuck up on us and told us about his huge koi fish (that he kept in a very small container with some goldfish). There was a really cool consignment store called Margaret's that was like a converted house. 

For lunch we ate at a little Greek place called "It's All Greek to Me!" Scott got a chicken pita and I had a falafel burger pita. I hadn't had falafel since London, where we ate close to the Thames before heading to Shakespeare's Globe. I think I had to much of it this time though, because my stomach started bothering me and Scott began referring to it as "the awful falafel." 

We looked around Carmichael's bookstore and stopped in at Heine Bros. The bookstore had a little diary/journal/date book that had the cover from this summer's exhibit at the Victoria & Albert Museum in London. It's one of my favorite pieces of art and I started drooling over it. I wish it were more useful to me so I could've purchased it!

On one of our last stops, we went to an antique shop where I found a huge volume of E.M. Forster (a member of The Bloomsbury Group)! Scott said it was my "last birthday present" and got it for me... it was so sweet. :) 

The woman running the store had a little terrier/beagle-type dog who sort of looked like the dog Wishbone from the awesome TV show that sparked my love of classic literature! I'm pretty sure I'm going to go back and steal him. I want a dog like that so badly for my own. (Though I love my sheltie, Jet!)

P.S. Scott said my necklace looked like "the heart of the ocean." A boyfriend Titanic reference? It's love!

No comments:

Post a Comment