Saturday, September 24, 2011

Vampires in 15 B.C.

I can pretty much tell you that nothing happened this Wednesday. Except that it rained and a guy in my Greek mythology class told me I had a really nice trench coat on. Weird. But thanks. Thursday the 22nd (the day these pics are from!) started out great but ended up disastrous. More on that later...

The Style Quo
Dress: Kohl's 
Sweater: Aerie by AE
Earrings: Kohl's, Christmas present
Necklace: Online
Boots: DSW (these bad boys are so comfortable--they tromped all around London)
Ring: AE, Julie and my matching friendship rings
Bracelet: Victoria & Albert Museum, London--Julie also has a matching one!

Thank goodness for wonderful people like these. Thursday during school was great. I had a terrific lunch (at 'our' table in McAlister's). The turkey melt and potato soup were excellent and class seemed to breeze by. Julie and I are in the same creative writing class (as we always have been) and we were work-shopping a piece by this older dude with crazy hair who made a mysterious drug reference early on in the class that made our professor proclaim, "What the hell does that mean?" Anyway, he wrote a 22-page story about a vampire in 15 B.C. That is all. At the end he let the class know that it was the first chapter to his novel and he was so happy we liked it. But see, that's the thing--I'm not sure we did. Except for the people that interjected that vampires have existed "like since Egypt--according to Anne Rice." Okay, I didn't know we could have a factual debate about things THAT DON'T EXIST. But whatevs. To each his own.

P.S. What a handsome shot of Scott! Hubba hubba.

No comments:

Post a Comment