Saturday, September 24, 2011

Carmen San Diego Spotted in Louisville

Tuesday, September 20th, I told myself that I was going to overcome my zombie-like feelings and dress like I actually cared about being awake. The day of course ended up being better than I expected, mainly because I got to see Scott and Julie, which always makes my day better. 

The Style Quo
Dress: Forever 21
Trench: Forever 21 ($21!)
Tights: Target
Purple Wedges (not pictured): Modcloth
Earrings: Kohl's, Christmas present
Ring: Birthday gift from Julie

My tights ended up ripping immediately after I put them on and they were of course, footless, which I could not justify in my purple wedges which needed a crisp black background to shine. So I pulled on them and wrapped them underneath my toes. Needless to say, I need new tights, preferably in plus size because even though the 'normal' ones say they'll fit a person up to 5'8'' and 150 pounds, they are obviously lying. And I am living proof. On my way home, sitting in traffic, I started taking the velcro from my iPod cover and destroying the tights. It makes such a cool design... if you ever need to purposely destroy tights, do it with velcro.

I asked Scott to take a picture of me without the trench to prove I wasn't really a streaker. He said I looked like an international woman of mystery or Carmen San Diego. Hey, I'll take it. 'Where in the U.S.A. is Carmen San Diego?' was my second-favorite childhood computer game except I was horrible at geography so I never won. But I did love the American heartland, AKA The Oregon Trail. I would go back to childhood just to play that game unashamedly for hours. I also had this CD-ROM that had all of the facts about the presidents with pictures so I used to just memorize the information. I thought Franklin Pierce was kind of cute but then I realized he was kind of the worst president ever. Anyway. This was incredibly off subject.

Hot pink lipstick is a must on a rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment