Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sense & Sensibility

Saturday, September 3rd, Leslie and I went to dinner at Bluegrass Brewing Co. and to see Sense & Sensibility at Actor's Theatre! We both got delish black bean burritos and dessert. I opted for a chocolate chip cookie icecream sandwich and Leslie got a raspberry chocolate souffle.

Unfortunately, this was the only picture I got all night. Once we get to talking, Leslie and I seem to forget about everything else--including photographic documentation of the evening. Sorry, folks. :(

Credit: http://www.louisvillebestdeals.com/merchant.php?id=300

When we walked into the theatre, seeing everyone dressed up in anticipation for the evening Leslie and I both just sighed. It was just like London--except of course, way smaller and no one had a lovely British accent. We had second row center seats and could see the stage so well. I loved the girl who played Marianne (seen above) and just loved the play overall. I'm a sucker for period drama, especially when it comes to luscious costume design and witty dialogue. Swoon. 


When the stage lit up with stars in the end, I was overcome with a theatre nerd-gasm. There was a lady in the front row who kept chomping on food and drinking what seemed to be an endless cup of champagne. Leslie and I exchanged sidelong glances--the woman later stood up to cheer loudly for everyone. You really shouldn't pre-game before a formal event. 


The Style Quo
Dress: Thrifted from Plato's Closet, $8
Flats: DSW
Earrings: Freshwater pearls from a market in Honolulu
Watch: Timex

No comments:

Post a Comment